And then I hit on a way that I *think* this can work, and really, hewing closer to the comm's name: Lists, yes, but not definitive. Just short and on whatever character, pairing or theme strikes your fancy:
- Five Fics That Changed My Mind About a Character (or Pairing)
- Five Fics About Desmond's Blue Shirt
- Five Fics About Sawyer's Hair
- Five Fics About Time Travel
- Five Fics Set in Las Vegas
- Five Rainy Day Fics... etc.
I'd like to stay away from calling these the "best" or anything. They'd just a jumping-off point for people who want to read that kind of thing. It wouldn't have to be five, exactly, it could be more. You could include one of your own fics or not. Ideally, people would list five (or ten) different authors, including one or two not on their flist.
Sound workable? I think this could work like the lostsquee luau, where people sign up for different days and then, instead of asking for fics, and writing fics, they would list a few existing fics. Thoughts? Questions?